- A. Yair Grinberger, GIScience Research Group, Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 348, 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
- Marco Minghini, European Commission, Joint Research Centre (JRC), Via Enrico Fermi 2749, 21027 Ispra, Italy
- Levente Juhász, GIS Center, Florida International University, 11200 SW 8th St, Miami, FL 33199, USA
- Peter Mooney, Department of Computer Science, Maynooth University, Maynooth, Co. Kildare. Ireland W23 F2H6
- Godwin Yeboah, Institute for Global Sustainable Development, School of Cross-faculty Studies, University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, United Kingdom
This talk presents an initial inquiry into the relations between the Academic and Mapping communities in OpenStreetMap, based on a review of recent publications, interviews of colleagues, and self-reflection of the authors. By this, we aim to understand how and when research-community interactions come to be, what is their nature, and how can these be improved and made more productive for both sides.